With the ever-increasing urban sprawl, our Woodlands and open spaces are becoming gems that need to be appreciated and maintained for all the inhabitants of this island.
Why manage trees and woodland?
- To improve and enhance the local tree stock and nature conservation
- To provide sustainable income where possible
Tree and woodland management methods
- Education of owners, residents, casual visitors etc. To improve understanding of the importance of trees
- Produce detailed schedules and plans to allow management decisions based on sound and current knowledge of existing tree stock
- Design tree planting schemes to improve diversification, age class distribution, nature conservation, screening, visual interest, shade and education
- Improving access to quality parts of woodland for all ages and abilities
- Identify local markets for woodland produce