When trees are flagged as a possible risk to houses by building surveyors during a homebuyers report, purchasers, lenders and insurance companies require assurance that levels of risk due to tree related subsidence and physical damage are at an acceptable level.
Why have a home owners’ or mortgage report?
- Make sense of the complex relationship between trees, soils and buildings where tree related structural damage is a potential or current issue
- Identify potential hazards within trees that may affect the enjoyment of one’s property
- Maintain or improve tree cover in a balanced and sustainable manner
What is produced in a home owners’ report?
- Soil conditions are checked to assess potential for subsidence or heave
- A tree’s water uptake potential in relation to existing or future structures is assessed
- A quick response is delivered to enable decisions on purchase of property
- Verbal consultations are offered to aid speed of turnaround